Friday 15 April 2011

Can Best Friends Turn into Great Lovers?

...and even more importantly: can you turn a long term friendship into a succesful relationship?


I've been reading quite a lot about changing the "status" from "best friends" to "lovers"... over the past year my life took a rather unpleasent form.  My marriage was on the verge of collapse - which eventually, it did - and my heart started to bounce every time I met and went out with a certain someone.

And that certain someone is my best friend... until one day , at a concert , when he kissed me. I knew what I felt but I wasn't ready to admit it. Almost a month passed without anything else happening but we did spend lovely time together. And one night, at a karaoke show, we kissed again and practically hooked up.
It's not what either of us expected but we both knew we had feelings for each other...feelings we were afraid to show or admit.

And now I ask you: can best friends really become part of a great relationship?
As I see it, the advantages are clear: you know each other and trust each other. You most likely have a lot of common friends, as well. However, you can easily get bored (although discovering a new face of your friend is adorable)... or you can realize it won't work and getting back to "just friends" could be ...awkward, to say the least.

If you've fallen for your best (male) friend, ladies, do talk to them. Men don't exactly read the correct signs. For example, a friend I like said that he though I've fallen for him..No, I just like him and care for him. So yeah, tell them exactly what you feel /think. But be prepared for rejection (if possible with a smile on your face).

It's wonderful when you both realize that you are, indeed, in love ...........


No comments:

Post a Comment